Welcome to The Steel Framing Company. Please take your time to look through our site.
We are an Australian owned and operated company and only manufacture steel frame homes using top quality Australian steel.
WHY USE TSFC FOR YOUR STEEL FRAMES?
There are many things to consider when comparing the quality of one steel frame to another. We don’t even mention timber framing as you are obviously here because you want to build in steel.
- there are different thicknesses of steel framing ranging from 0.55mm, 0.75mm and 0.95mm. If you want house framing don’t even look at 0.55mm size framing. It might be steel but that is about all.
- there are different sorts of sections – unlipped C section – usually stud and plate and lipped C section. Another language to learn. The lip on our C section is 12mm and gives the section 60% more strength than the unlipped C section. We can also use the 12mm to screw into. We can also box our section to give more strength when required.
- there are systems that pop rivet the section together, we use a framing screw. Stud and plate tends to bulge where the stud enters the plate. Our section is dimpled and swaged to give a flat surface for gyprocking.
- some suppliers space their trusses at 1200mm, we space ours at 900mm maximum.
- what is supplied with your framing?
- is it engineered to the bare minimum? Not at TSFC.
When comparing systems you need to compare apples with apples.
Steel wall frames and steel roof trusses are our specialty. We design, detail, manufacture and supply steel wall frames and roof trusses predominantly for residential homes. We also offer steel sub-floor systems on posts, joists and bearers ideal for flat or sloping sites.
We do not supply any timber house framing. Just out of curiosity, if you are considering timber framing, ask your timber frame builder if they paint the ends that they cut? When they say “No” then ask them if they are meant to? Then when they say “Yes” ask them how much longer would it take if they didn’t cut corners and painted all the ends so your house is built to the warranty that they should be providing.
If you have any questions with regards to steel framed homes, we are happy to answer any questions about our steel framed homes. Your safety is paramount and we at TSFC take that seriously. We are just so proud of the steel framed homes we send to our customer’s knowing they will be safe in one of our quality manufactured steel framed homes.
“It’s what you don’t see, that gives your home strength and integrity.”
Will Middleton – Managing Director
The exterior of your home can be finished off to suit your taste and your budget, but not all homes have the integral strength, we at The Steel Framing Company provide, as the foundation for your home.
There is a wide range of options available with our light gauge steel framing systems. You could order one of our standard designs or we can work together to conceive a plan with you which suits you and your family – a plan that you and your family can call home. You may even have your heart set on a particular design. We will work with you to achieve your goals with your budget in mind.
We have a reputation for quality and precision that is respected by many a home owner and builders alike. Save money as an ‘owner builder’ and build the home you have always wanted to for a fraction of the cost.
There is plenty of steel in our homes…. we don’t work to minimums. ‘Overkill’ is a word used by many a certifier and we don’t apologise for that. We are safe in the knowledge as the world’s climate is ever-changing and unpredictable that you will be safe in a TSFC home. We have stood the test of the elements.
One of our C2 homes withstood the test of cyclone Yasi in 2011 which was a category C5 cyclone. Another of our homes in Hakuba in Japan sustained no damage from a 7.2 magnitude earthquake. They also had 30m of snowfall throughout the first snow season it was built with no damage.
We provide homes throughout Australia and throughout the Asian Pacific region.
TSFC is a ‘Marketplace Leader’ – whether you are after steel wall frames, steel roof trusses, raised steel sub-floor system or a strong webbed floor joist for a mezzanine floor, TSFC are the company for your steel framing requirements.
TSFC – ‘Integrity by Design’
Call us now: 1300 63 2266